Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Friday, February 25, 2011

Looking for Direction and finding Hope!

I finally got a chance to meet again with my Spiritual Director Fr. Mark. He is such a busy Priest and I wanted to get some time in with him before lent. We opened up with a statement that he made...."I heard that you were on a high from your retreat!" I smiled and said "you bet!" I guess the enthusiasm is pouring out of me, as I'm sure someone that I shared the information with, passed it on to him. These last two formation weekends are just what we all need to continue on our journey together. So much of what we discussed Fr. Mark reinforced in me. We talked of balance in life and he felt I was going in the right direction in that respect. One thing that came out of our discussion was Hope! Fr. commented that the people of Berlin are a people of hope. He mentioned an elderly woman came up to him and thanked him for his ministry. She told him that Our Lord has always provided Berlin with very good priests, including him, and that she believed that God would always continue to provide us with good priests. Fr. Mark reminded me that Berlin has always been the strongest community with vocations to the priesthood.  I left with that word ringing in my heart, HOPE! We are and must continue to be a people of Hope and Light!

I pray that we all become like this woman, a people of Hope!


Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment