Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Friday, March 25, 2011

Renewal!

This week was anything but boring. An old friend came by to spend time with me and my staff this week. I have been in business with Sherwin-Williams for almost 26 years. In that time span I have met many, many people. Bob works in the wallpaper industry and we have known each other for over 20 years. I haven't seen him in about three or four years and it was great to renew an old friendship. The people that I work with become more than just associates, I generally build a relationship with them. Bob was always a great person to talk to, work with, and help out in any way he could.

My Son moved back home from California. Yeah, most people say what??? Like any place in the world, scenery and weather may not give you everything you want out of life. The transition for him will be challenging, as I remember dearly coming home after leaving the Seminary in my second year. I shared the experience with him and I know he'll be ok but coming home doesn't look too good to him at this time.

Last night we had our third Christology class and right now it seems to me that this is a course that inspires some passion in all of us. We have had some great discussions and the atmosphere is just wonderful. We had a problem with our class being locked up, so Steve found a lounge room that would be large enough for our small group. We were all comfy, cozy in that little room. Before we knew it the time was up and we were making that little trip back home again.

Today I was trying to wrap up a bunch of things at work before heading for a vacation. I called my best friend and asked him to join me for dinner at McDonalds. Yeah, nothing is too good for me and my buddy. Filet of Fish are on sale and even though we can eat meat today I still love to have them during lent. We weren't together for very long but the time spent together talking and sharing is something I will never tire from.

Yes, this week thus far has been eventful. I'm looking forward to the weekend to see what will happen. I will attend Mass tomorrow morning and then probably visit the hospital. It reminds me of what we discussed at class last night. Fr. John said that while in the Seminary he volunteered to tutor to a youth club. The ministry began with tutoring, the end result was to be in the presence of people and share some time with them. That's what has been happening with me when I visit the hospital.

Well a walk through town now that the weather is better will be on the agenda and my fasting day is tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Adieu mes Amis!

Mitch

PS please pray for those who have no one to pray for them. I heard this last night and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment