Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Monday, November 21, 2011

What's next?

Now that our second class is almost over, we still have a five page paper to turn in, I'm looking forward to some normalcy again. I haven't posted anything for a few days and really it's been a time to slow down and relax again. Saturday, I did a little yard work while Terry worked  in the house and that evening we had a campfire in our backyard. It's been since early September since we had a fire at any body's house and this one just felt right.

Sunday I went to Church with my folks again, and spent the rest of the afternoon waiting for the computer repairman to show up and bring back our computer. That was the other reason I was slow at posting something.  I took a few minutes to start reading our book for the next formation weekend, Preaching without notes!  Looks good so far. We have two priests who are awesome at this and honestly they are pretty difficult to beat. They each have their own style and I guess what makes it special is that I believe it all comes from their hearts. What I know so far about my brother candidates is that every one's heart is really in this journey. 

I will soon start putting my final paper together, but what I'm really anxious about is the Bishop's installation on the Eighth of December. I scheduled myself with the day off in anticipation of receiving an invitation, and I also told Terry to try to make sure she has the day off also. I can't wait to be with all my brothers and sisters down there as one!

Finally in the true spirit of things getting back to normal, I will be returning to my Tuesday night bowling league. The guys have done an awesome job keeping our team in third place thus far. Tomorrow night we play the number one team, and honestly win or lose I just happy to be back with the boys.

So I wish you all the best as Ordinary times is all but over! So bring on the Extraordinary times!

Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment