Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, July 9, 2011

"What you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops mt 10:27"

This morning I shook up my routine a bit, instead of beginning with morning prayers I got up took a look outside and then looked at the dogs and said "do you want to go for a walk?" If anyone of you know anything about dogs, it's that they go ballistic at the thought of going for a walk. We traveled together and headed to the park where other dog lovers gather on a Saturday morning. It had been some time and we were joined by three other people and four other dogs. Every one got along great, and it was a really great distraction.

I got back around 10 and sat down to do my morning prayers. I think the change was good, I was relaxed and the walk put me in a really great frame of mind. After the prayers I read the Scripture readings for the day. I ended with the Gospel of Matthew today and there it was....."What you hear whispered..." Flashback time! Didn't I just hear someone last week remind me to listen to that voice that whispers to you! On this journey that I'm on I have noticed that words or messages seem to keep popping into my life. I kinda of wonder if it's because I haven't quite caught on the first time.

Today's Gospel was so special, one that really tugs away at your heart. "You are worth more than many sparrows!" mt 10:31 a phrase that I have heard at least one hundred times in my life and yet did I really ever hear it or believe it? Today for probably the first time I heard it and really believed it. Like my relationship with my wife & my best friend, my relationship with Jesus is growing and becoming so important in my life. It truly is something I never want to let go of.

In one of our classes Deacon Greg mentioned that there were no coincidences. I obviously needed to change things up today and to get myself ready to hear the little whispers of Our Lord. Today for a least a few moments, I listened and it was great!

Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch

PS This french stuff is really catching on, check out the latest issue of Parable.....Priez sans cesse (Keep praying, pray without ceasing)

No comments:

Post a Comment