Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Friday, July 1, 2011

"When you hear that inner voice......"

Today I pushed hard to get out of work early to attend a funeral of a friend. Paul was a very good man who had a passion to run and was the High School coach for the Cross Country team. He had been battling cancer for some time and unfortunately lost that battle, but he left his mark in this world. The attendance was fitting for a man who gave so much to many youth in Berlin.

The Mass was very touching in so many ways. There were so many former and current athletes who came to pay their respect to their coach. Fr. Steve was the celebrant and he spoke very well, especially when he tied in St. Paul's letter to Timothy about fighting the good fight.....and running the good race. 

Another coach and very good friend of mine also Steve paid his tribute to Paul and also spoke with words that touched the heart. He began by quoting the coach "there are two types of people in this world, those who just do it, and those who say they can't! Paul was one who just used his gifts and lived to the fullest with no regrets. Then Steve, a faithful man, asked us this "When you hear that inner voice speaking to you, listen, go out there and feed the hungry, hold some one's hand, do whatever it takes. Don't make excuses, don't whine about it, JUST DO IT!"

Needless to say something was stirring very deep inside of me and I just had to share it with all of you. A few days ago I mentioned how I was asked  "How are you going to do it?" Amazingly today I was inspired again by St. Paul by reading his likely response to that question....."I CAN DO ALL THINGS IN CHRIST!"

Have a Blessed weekend, and ......

Adieu et Bonsoir mes Amis!


Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment