Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Monday, August 23, 2010

Signs, Signs, Everywhere there are Signs!

Yes I know I am dating my self to being a sixties and seventies child. I remembered the title not the band, The Five Man Electrical Band I Googled it, by the way a 1971 hit song. I and my family aren't immune to the economic downturn, my wife has been unemployed since February. I admire her so much because she volunteers with the Senior Centers in Berlin and is discovering her passion and career calling. Unfortunately with the potential cut off of unemployment benefits I was questioning how we could afford traveling to Plymouth once a week to take classes, and also pay for the classes. Well, I sat down and prayed and begged the Lord for His help and a sign. I asked if you really want me to be a Deacon I need your help. My wife and I soon after went out for our usual walk with the dogs in town. During the walk a member of the Knights of Columbus yelled over to me, " Mitch got a minute!"  "Sure" I said. What's up!" Satch told me "The Knights have always sponsored Seminarians and want to help you and Mike, we will be sending you a check to cover the cost of gas for the upcoming year!" I thanked him and I was speechless, I told my wife that if that wasn't a sign I don't know what could be one.  My prayers were answered within 30 minutes, Unbelievable and true! I don't expect returns that quickly, but the message was clear there are signs everwhere and we just have to learn to be patient and trust in God's Providence. He will provide. That Sunday I was asked to replace someone as Lector for the 9 am Mass. Our new Pastor Fr. Mark Dollard gave me more great news, he said "Mitch, you and Mike won't have to worry about any expenses, the parishes have money aside for Seminarians which will cover whatever you need !" Wow! Another sign to learn to trust. I'm just amazed, and humbled by all of this. In my God's eye I am realizing how special I am to him, I hope I can share that feeling with others, and pray that we can all experience this in our own lives. Ask and You Shall Receive! This journey is becoming more and more amazing with each passing moment. To my Aspirant Brothers I pray for all of us each and every day! We are just ordinary men preparing to do Extraordinary things with the Grace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment