Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Never in a thousand years

Fr Kyle was a little nervous yesterday, sending me a message wondering if I still wanted to assist at Mass last night. After all, he stated "you have a busy weekend!" I sent him a text stating "I"ll be there!" What was on the agenda, Mass at 6, wake service at 7:30, funeral Saturday at 10:00, followed by the committal, Mass at 6 again, and then Mass at 7 am Sunday morning. The key for the whole weekend was last night at 6 pm. A very dear friend of mine, Fr Richard Dion would be the celebrant, and how many opportunities would I get to serve along with him. At his homily, and it was a good one, he stated how like Mary in life you never know what is around the corner. We all may have dreams and plans, and when God calls, things may change. Fr Richard stated in all our years growing literally a few houses away from each other, not in a thousand years would we have dreamed of celebrating Mass together. There was no way I would have missed it. I often get comments how much I smile at Mass and last night was no exception. I feel a great joy and honor to serve at the Altar, and to assist our wonderful priests, and the smiles are just part of who I am. So keep smiling people, share your love and joy. Evangelize with a smile!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Deacon Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment