Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Practice time

Last night I received the opportunity to practice chanting in front of the congregation. I got  the word out about 530 that evening that I had something to chant. It was a great chance to clear the butterflies before tonight, where I will be singing the Exultet. This morning I got another chance to prove to father Kyle probably for the first time that I do have a voice to sing. Father Andrew put me on the spot and asked me to sing the first line. There is no more time to practice, only time to pray, and I pray that my voice to be Christ's voice for about 12 minutes this evening. I think of this as a very humbling moment, Whereas all the deacons who have gone before me Will be watching over me, guiding me, letting the Spirit come inside of me. Tonight we pray, tonight we baptize, tonight we confirm, tonight we receive the Lord. But most of all, tonight we rejoice in the resurrection of our Lord and Savior.

Peace
Deacon Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment