Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Monday, February 23, 2015

Homily Notes

Yesterday was our first Sunday of Lent and our second opportunity to take notes during the homilies. The first one I was ready listening to Fr Andrew, the following morning I had the opportunity to preach. This weekend I had a busy schedule and completely forgot to bring a pen and notebook. As Fr Andrew and I sat listening to the first reading, he asked "are you ready?" I wasn't!  He began his homily questioning the choir, next me! I had to duck into the Sacristy for a bulletin, that is left open for notes and a pen. The homily focused on the reality of temptation, how we can deal with it, and to imitate Christ in these ways...
1. Avoid Temptation 
2. Remember who you are..a child of God..loved, beautiful, and endowed with dignity 
3. Remember who God is
4. Surround yourself with people who want to fight temptation.

One final thought I jotted down from one of the prayers....Dear Lord...put us in the right disposition!

Peace 

Deacon Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment