Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Blessing of the child within the womb


This past weekend I served at the 9 AM mass. I could not help but stare at this young woman who is about to receive one of her greatest blessings in the world a child next spring. She is a wonderful young woman. I got to know her at a very young age being her basketball coach. She always had a very good heart and an open mind to learning. She was visiting home this weekend and she sat behind my wife and my granddaughter at mass. After mass I just had to go see her and congratulate her of the coming day. I asked her for a favor, "would you allow me the honor to bless your child in the womb?" Her answer was yes and she was about as excited as I was. I asked her who her favorite Saint was, and she said her family was very close to Saint Anne. So beneath the statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary and good Saint Anne, I called upon her intercession to have Jesus bless the child, the parents, and the very anxious aunt. It was an honor to have  her to be the first to receive this blessing from me. Secretly inside I'm hoping I get to baptize this child.

Dona Nobis Pacem

Deacon Mitch know

No comments:

Post a Comment