Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Summer Reading

I recently read in an email that the average American reads one book per year. My challenge was to be above average, which in my case wasn't too hard to beat. My first book was Lord of the Worlds by Monsignor Robert Hugh Benson. As I shared before I loved it. 

Fr Andrew had put together a challenge for all of us to read one book this summer. I ordered two. The first was Mr. Blue by Myles Connolly. This one was very good. I preferred Lord of the Worlds, but nonetheless a very good and easy reading book that was written in a similar time.

My next book is from Blesssed, soon to be Saint Mother Teresa....No Greater Love. I picked this one as I'm finding guidance from her to live my life as a Deacon. Great reading, thought provoking, and challenging. Highly recommended. 


I will keep you all posted on my future thoughts.

Peace 


Deacon Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment