Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Blessed are..................

We are now well into our final course for this year, and like last year there is something I love about studying moral theology. I have been impressed on how much has lifted me up and in ways that surprise me. This book we have to read is deep, as in cavernous. It is only a totally different plain than I'll ever be on, yet today it happened.

I have to share a quote with you from the book,

"the human person, endowed with special perogatives of reason and will,
acts so as to reach beatitude!"
 
I literally had to put the book down and reflect upon what I had just read. To reach beatitude, what a thought! It is hours later and I'm still reflecting on what that means to me and to all of us.
 
 I was attending a funeral this morning and brought my Bible in to reflect on the Sermon on the Mount before the funeral. I took a long pause in between each and every one of the beatitudes to reflect upon how I could reach beatitude.
 
For the rest of this day I will continue to reflect on how I can reach beatitude through the grace of God!
 
Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,
 
Mitch


No comments:

Post a Comment