Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Thursday, April 4, 2013

"I want to go back to Church!"

Can one person make a difference in your life? Everyone has heard, that if I can help only one person it would have been worth it. Today one of my sales reps was in town to do some sales calls and at lunch he asked how my studies were going. I filled him in on where I'm at and that I'm still a little over a year away from Ordination.He then asked me...
"What do you think of the new Pope?" Naturally I answered "I love him, I absolutely love what he says, and how he lives his life, and his faith!"

Well I was stunned to hear more. His wife was raised Catholic and then through a tragedy had to move somewhere else and was no longer attending the faith of her birth. Today he shared that his wife said...." I love this Pope, he is so inspiring, I want to go back to Church!"

To say that I'm absolutely shocked is wrong. I feel the same way, and he inspires me to be a better disciple. I pray that the Spirit continues to guide him and lead more people back to their roots, back to that relationship that Christ is calling all of us to.

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch


No comments:

Post a Comment