Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Moving closer to that blessed day!

With so much going on in my life I am trying to savor the moments and quietly listen to my heart. We recently completed our final retreat and it was a great experience. We had a great retreat master, we were all together again, we shared wonderful moments of joy, and we received a couple of treats. On Saturday evening the staff baked us a cake and on top of the cake was written "Axios" meaning "he is worthy". We were told that in the Greek Church that is the phrase that is used when a Bishop, Priest, or Deacon is ordained. It was a touching moment and to top it off, the cake was very good. We also had our pictures taken. The men each individually, another with our wives, and a group picture for all of us. 

Mike and I shared another new tradition by serving together this past weekend. I really love these moments and look forward to the very near future.

I'm wrapping up details for the big day. I'm working on my homilette for the 25th, and the homily for June 1st. I'm watching the hockey series with my beloved Bruins, and tonight is the final big game of that series. Go BRUINS!!!!! 

This weekend we will be meeting again with the Johnson's for final preps for the June 1st event, next week is training for serving at the altar, and other church events.

It's busy at work, at home, and with the parish. I guess this is what life will be! Something I know I'm looking forward to!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment