Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Learning to avoid saying yes immediately

I've come to realize that not saying yes is a challenge. Two parishioners came into the store to buy paint and soon the conversation moved to a discussion on our parish and the buzz that they sense and then my own ministry. "You must find it challenging balancing everything ....yes...will you be going to the nursing homes? Pause..."I would love to, but at this time Fr Kyle has assigned some tasks he would like me to do." That pause and response was difficult. Realistically, I don't know if I really have the time. I shared with them what I am now doing and they understood. My spiritual director shared saying no is also a sign of wisdom. Slowly, I am beginning to learn.

Peace

Deacon Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment