Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

An emotional vacation

Terry and I just came back from vacation with the parish of Saint Gabriel to New York City. It was a great trip to relax, and revisit a city that we had not seen in 15 years. The crowds are bigger,  and obviously the traffic was a lot crazier than it was many years ago. Two highlights to stand out from the trip, The Jersey boys, The musical on the four seasons. Terry and I were singing our favorite songs along with this group. The other highlight was truly an emotional one for me. 15 years ago Terry and I went to the top of one of the twin towers, specifically the south tower. It's still touches me today sharing this with all of you.  My eyes are welling up just like they did last Thursday. I still pray for the souls who were lost that day, and for the souls of those who caused this needless destruction. Here's a picture that I would like to share for you......



Dona Nobis Pacem!


Deacon Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment