Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Spreading my wings!

I've recently shared with all of you how this weekend was going to be a challenging one. For the very first time I preached  three Masses in one day...phew! After several hours of prep I was ready to go. I actually spilled the beans to Terry the night before what to expect. I want to preface by thanking two wonderful priests who are definitely making me a better Deacon. My pastor Fr. Kyle has pushed me to preach without notes and I have loved the experience. Fr. Andrew has been pushing me to preach as often as possible and the practice has helped tremendously. The next person I'm so grateful for is my loving wife. She shared with me a few weeks ago that I needed to separate myself from the ambo and walk around and have a closer and more intimate conversation with the parishioners. Was I nervous, yes, but not as much as I thought I would be. Today was a day to spread my wings and I loved the experience. St. Anne's church is very large and there is much distance away from the people. Holy Family is smaller and with only one mic there, it couldn't be done. So, either way the homily was well received. I asked "the boss" Fr. Kyle what he thought and his first words were....what did you think? I told him I felt that this was actually my best so far, and that I know I can, and want to get better. The critique was good, he also shared some thoughts on how to improve on the next one.  The Priests asked how often I wanted to preach and I shared that because of work, once a month would be great! I have some time to prepare, before the next time I preach, but in the meantime I continue to pray and spend time with the Lord.

Peace,

Deacon Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment