Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Getting rid of the knots in my life


This weekend at Cursillo father Marc had a very special way to introduce reconciliation to us. We walked into the church and we were each handed a string, and then proceeded to the pews. Father then began to prepare us all for reconciliation. During the examination of conscience he kept asking us questions, challenging us, moment by moment I found myself tying up knots knots that exposed deficiencies, hurts, and moments of forgetting who I was. I honestly don't remember when the last time I confessed the sin of omission, I truly believe the blessed virgin Mary inspired me to put together one of the best confessions I have ever done in my life. The next moment occurred during confession where I could feel myself gently untying each knot. One at a time. After confession we were asked to place the small string at the foot of the statue of Mary. It was an extremely powerful moment. I had never experienced this before in my life and I am so thankful for this wonderful sacrament.

No comments:

Post a Comment