Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Did you hear that?

Well, it happened again at Sunday Mass this week. This time, however I wasn't caught off guard. I was ready, I was listening intently. This week Fr. Andrew used Eucharistic Prayer for Reconciliation II. I strongly suggest that everyone googles this and reads them.The Prayers are absolutely beautiful. This is what caught my attention this week.......
" Holy Father, we humbly beseech you to accept us also, together with your Son, and in this saving banquet graciously to endow us with his very Spirit, who takes away everything that estranges us from one another."  At this time in Lent, let us reflect on those parts of our lives that estrange us from loving, from being merciful. bring them to the Altar. Offering them up that the Holy Spirit will take all of that away, and allow us to be loving, and merciful like the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment