Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Thriving and Surving....Bucket Sale Week

First I begin by apologizing for not posting anything in the last week. It's Bucket Sale week and one thing that I drill into my staff is that everybody makes a difference, and everybody has to be all in! The Bucket Sale is a huge event for our company, and my store has a high reputation for excelling at this event. For several weeks before the event we start preparing and planning for the big week. We communicate to one other, share ideas, take notes, and then we start sharing the good news about how we can help them on their projects and future projects. Each day is exciting and exhausting as we put every ounce of energy that we have. Amazingly though, the energy exhibited surprises even me. 

So, how is Lent going for you? Have we all put in the energy needed? This is the big week beginning today. How would Holy Week be for all of us if we put in every ounce of energy into this truly amazing and glorious week, and how much Grace will we receive by being all in? My challenge to all of us this week is to be all in! Let's take our prayer life to another level in that quiet place in your home, Let's all attend every single event offered by our parishes! Reconciliation, any special speakers, and of course the The Triduum. I believe that by doing so we will all be amazed about how much energy we truly have, and we will have Grace upon Grace poured upon us. Lastly, invite people to the Easter Vigil. Yes, that Mass. The Easter Vigil is the most beautiful, and Joyous, Mass we have in the Catholic Faith. For many years I believe what keeps people away is that it is called by the faithful the long Mass. If we all attended, and were all in, we would discover that it is the most beautiful and would want all of our friends and acquaintances to come. Go, share the Good News, and be all in!

May the Grace of God and the Fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you All!

No comments:

Post a Comment