Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Being a true leader

I'm still reading the book be over man a Catholic vision of male spirituality. And I'm sure you've already figured out that I have another quote that I need to share with you. And here it is......"Being a leader is not all about the Benjamin's, rather it is all about the beatitudes."

In the beatitudes Jesus tells us what a real leader is....

THE BEATITUDES*

3“Blessed are the poor in spirit,*

for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.a

4* Blessed are they who mourn,b

for they will be comforted.

5* Blessed are the meek,c

for they will inherit the land.

6Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,*

for they will be satisfied.

7Blessed are the merciful,

for they will be shown mercy.d

8* Blessed are the clean of heart,e

for they will see God.

9Blessed are the peacemakers,

for they will be called children of God.

10Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,*

for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.f

11Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you [falsely] because of me.g12* Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven.h Thus they persecuted the prophets who were before you.


Let's all make it a point this weekend to review the beatitudes and strive to be a true leader.


Peace 


Deacon Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment