Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, May 12, 2013

The seed of my faith!

If you were to ask me today who nurtured your faith, who was the most influential person in your spiritual journey? My Mom! Ever since I can remember I have been touched by the love my Mom has for Christ's Church and that love got transfered to me and has only grown over the years. Recently I read some more remarks from our Holy Father Pope Francis,

"Remember your mothers, your grandmothers, your catechists, who gave you the word of God, the faith … the gift of faith! They transmitted to you this gift of faith. Meditating on the law of the Lord, see that you believe what you read, that you teach what you believe, and that you practice what you teach. Remember too that the word of God is not your property: it is the word of God. And the Church is the custodian of the word of God."
 
"In this way, let what you teach be nourishment for the people of God. Let the holiness of your lives be a delightful fragrance to Christ’s faithful, so that by word and example you may build up the house which is God’s Church."
 
My Mom gave me the gift, the geatest gift she could ever give to me. I pray that these words from our Holy Father may inspire others to continue to transmit that wonderful gift of faith.

A tous les mamans je wous souhaite une bonne et hereuse journee!

To all mothers I wish beautiful day to all of you!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment