Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Are you free today?

On Monday I decided to make those calls that I had planned on making for about a week. I first called the Hospital Chaplain here in Berlin to discuss an Ecumenical Remembrance Service, and then I called the Deacon who is the chaplain at the Concord State Prison. I stroke out on both or so I thought. The Sr. (our hospital chaplain) called me back minutes later and told me she loved the idea and asked if I was available that day to present the idea. With only a half hour to get ready, I was there. The meeting went very well and it was also a great opportunity to gather with the local clergy. The idea for this event was given to me by my pastor, and for those who know me I don't take credit for someone Else's idea, yet I do know who to run with it! The wheels are in motion and this project will fit in quite well with my parish assignment. With a short week before me I will enjoy the next few days. On Saturday I will be heading North of the Border to take my Mom to a family reunion, and of course I will stop to pick up some Canadian curd cheese. 

Have a great Fourth everybody!


Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment