Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Monday, July 1, 2013

Me and my shadow!










 Yesterday I did some job shadowing. Our summer resident, Deacon Jeff, was performing his first ever Baptism. I remained in the shadows observing, and reflecting on a few of the things he did. One little piece really captured my attention. It occurred at the beginning when he asked the parents and god parents to walk back to the entrance of the Church. He explained how in the early Church the Baptismal area would be near the entrance and at times outside of the church. The movement from the entrance to the was full of symbolism that I pray others there captured also.

He spoke very well and encouraged the family and reminded them that they are, and will continue to be the first to teach the faith, and the first to share Christ's love. 

So Baptism 101 proved to be a success and I look forward to more training, and shadowing in different ministries. 

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment