Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Remembering that we are all sinners...


 Photo: Beautiful day for today's pilgrimage to Berlin. St. Anne pray for us!

Yesterday was a very big day for the Diocese, for our parish, and for all the pilgrims. It was an overcast day, yet the mood was very positive. I had debated whether or not I should walk to church. I don't live very far, about a half mile maybe. I was almost there and noticed a gentlemen all dressed in black. It looked like the Bishop to me. It certainly was and we had a very nice conversation. Wow a personal audience with the Bishop! I got to share who I was, what I was working on, and a special project I want to share with the parish. Being a new grandfather I was pumped up when I read that there was a Rite of the Blessing of the child in the womb.  I couldn't help but think how wonderful this would be at Mass or even in a private ceremony. The bishop himself seemed uplifted by the idea. 

I spent time in Adoration, attended the volunteers Mass and then attended the Morning prayers. They were all unique, and very enjoyable.

So what will be my assignment? Last year I knew ahead of time that I would be a P-Lot boy. Yes, the dreaded parking lot attendant. The lowest job available at one of my summer jobs. Funny thing was last year I learned so much about humility and doing the best I can all for the glory of God. This year I said again, "I'll do anything!" But this time I meant it.

This year I decided to be a P-Lot boy, where I greeted, directed, aided all those who needed something to make their day special for them. I absolutely loved the work and the time I spent with many pilgrims. I met a nice young seminarian studying for the Diocese of Portland Maine, who had roots here in Berlin. I chose the perfect job, and I was very thankful for the opportunity to serve.

At one point I was talking to some of the other volunteers and then caught the eye of one of my brother candidates. He had made the trip with others to sing in the choir and we had a few moments to share. These men and women who have come into our lives are very special, they are family. 

We now come to the High Mass and Fr. Jason is looking around and then asked, "could you do me a favor?" I'm sure you know the answer..."I'll do anything!" "Would you and your wife or anyone of your choosing be the gift bearers?" Naturally I said "It would be an honor for Terry and I !"  Terry upon learning of my volunteering her said, "Wow, that's a great honor!" 

So you are probably wondering what's up with the title of this posting? Well, just like last year we had a great procession that was about to begin. Last year we followed the Bishop, priests and seminarians. This year we were almost first in line after the Knights of Columbus. When we were exiting the church we could hear the choir sing "Jesus, remember me, when you come into your kingdom!" This short phrase would be chanted over and over again. All I could think of was the thief, asking the Lord for forgiveness and recognizing his sinful nature. 

There aren't enough adjectives to describe what kind of day we all had, it was special!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

 PS- you can see a shot of me at work with one hand on my hip!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment