Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, August 17, 2013

A little more than a shadow!

This weekend I'm staying home as I will be covering many hours in the next week because I have an assistant away for training. My wife left early this morning to care for our granddaughter and I'm sure she's loving it. 

Today there was funeral scheduled and I thought it would be a good opportunity to shadow Fr. Kyle. I stopped by the sacristy and asked if he would be okay with that and he said sure. 

At the cemetery he offered me the opportunity to assist him with the prayers and I really enjoyed the opportunity to observe as well as participate. 

With that done, he asked if I wanted to observe him anointing and praying over someone at the nursing home. Once again, I thought that this would be a great opportunity to watch and "be" in the presence of those in need. It went very well and I thanked him so much for the wonderful chance to take an active role in ministry. 

When I got home Terry called and alerted me that she had arrived in Dover, and then I got to share with her the good news of what I had just experienced. She mentioned that she wished that she could have been there to share those moments. 

It was a really good day! Something different, something good!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment