Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Friday, August 30, 2013

"Before I Die......................"

I'm on vacation and on my first day of vacation, that was yesterday, I traveled to Dover to have a special day alone with my grand daughter. My daughter called me while I was in DD in Jackson picking up a cup of coffee and a breakfast sandwich. I called her back and assured her that there was no way I was missing out on this day. I had someone say to me......"why don't you just send them the money, it would be cheaper!" Indeed it would, but there is no way I'm missing out on the opportunity to "be" with her. 

Before my daughter left for work we went for a walk with Myanna and P (her dog). That moment was very special to me. It isn't often that she and I get to talk face to face and I really treasure these moments. A friend of mine shared with me that it's really all about being with people. Yes, we can communicate more through cell phones, face time on ipad's etc, but there is no replacement for being with someone. 

Needless to say the day was everything I had hoped for and the only negative was the long trip back home last night.

I'm sure I piqued your curiosity on why I labeled this posting as "Before I die.....". 

On the way to Dover I saw this great big blackboard that was marked "Before I die...sign here!" It was incredible to see! A giant bucket list! 

I think we all have those thoughts of that one special thing that would make our life complete our joyous if we were only fortunate enough!

After seeing that, all I could think of was, is that really where we are in life? 

Don't get me wrong, because I would love to visit Rome and France some day, but to think that my life would be complete because of those experiences would be wrong. 

With a day filled spent with my little peanut, looking in her eyes, singing to her, seeing her smile, that was a very joyous experience that I wouldn't trade for anything else!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 
 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment