Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Priority #1 balance your life.

This week has to go down as one of the most unusual weeks of my life. Nothing major really happened yet many little things did. A dear friend I haven't heard from for over a month called, my buddy Mike was celebrating his newest grand son, the chaplain at the federal prison stopped by to say hello. All these little things made for some very special moments. 

With people reaching out to me I decided to reach out to others that I have put on the back burner. I sent out an email to an old college professor I met at the Pilgrimage, I called one of my favorite high school teachers who is a Deacon in Maine. Unfortunately he wasn't in, so I left a message to have him call me. He had a great sense of humor as he called me " la bete noir de la classe!" In English....."the skunk of the class!" Yeah, I actually loved that name. I'm anxiously awaiting his return phone call. 

I met with Deacon Jeff to finalize our Baptism Catechesis for the parishes. I'm really loving this assignment. All the symbolism in the Rite and what we are doing. We will be using some technology to reach the current generation, it should be great!

Yesterday we had family time. The three grandmothers and I met with Danielle and Myanna in North Conway. We had dinner together, and decided it was time to spoil our newest addition to the family.

So as you can see nothing really major has been going on, but so many little things are happening. It's been a great week!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment