Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Thursday, April 17, 2014

This is your last one!

Last night we had practice to go over the details for Holy Thursday. It was fun. The young men were in a great mood and they all worked very hard to prepare. There was a very old Crucifix that was found and two of them spent many hours cleaning and polishing and also finding a new pole for it. The young men unveiled their work and it was beautiful. It will be very special for all during the next few days. 

Fr. Andrew was his usual self, looking for any opportunity to pick on me. Then it happened, he turned to me and with a very serious look reminded me..." you know this is your last time as a lay person, it will be very emotional." I shared with him that it is hitting me that this is the last times and that the entire lenten season has been very emotional for me. 

In many ways this is probably how it should be with all of us. Each season, each day, we need to pray that we are fully involved in our relationship with Christ. Our eyes, our hearts, our ears, and our minds need to be opened and ready to receive the presence of Christ.

I pray for all of you that this day is special and may the peace and love of Christ be with you always!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment