Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Deer in the headlights!

Well, it is finally time to say............we are done all of our classes. It happened Monday evening at 9 pm and I was so excited I texted my pastor and associate and they quickly responded with... Awesome!....Congratulations!

It's really incredible how quickly four years has gone by. Will I miss the classes? NO! I've enjoyed every single one, some more than others, but all none the less. 

I'm looking forward to renewing the times spent with family and friends that got put on the back burner a bit by commitments. 

Tuesday night was also a big night. Bowling for the championship! Even though we were tough for 29 frames, they beat us in the tenth frame of the last game to earn a split. We finished second, which is the highest we have ever finished but the best part was the enjoyment of friends, relaxation, and the competition. 

Now for the deer in the headlights comment. This week I got an email from one of my buddies down south who was in the class at St. A's. Before we even got started on Monday evening, they had a problem with no equipment for the transmission to our site in Littleton. I have shared with all of you in the past how challenging it has been, and it was kind of ironic how even the last class proved a challenge. Well, they found a way to make it happen and when we connected they looked us hoping everything was going fine. We didn't put the mic on immediately, but we gave them thumbs up that we could hear them. John shared that we looked like deers in the headlights. He felt bad and apologized to us. Actually, I never heard the comment and even so, it would have taken a lot more than that to set us off. I assured him that we were ok, and I looked forward to seeing everyone soon face to face. 

So, that's it. I'll be very busy in the next week preparing to give a reflection on Good Friday. 

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment