Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Sorry I missed you, but I'll always remember you!

I'm starting to settle into a groove and it's a good thing. We are getting busier at the store and the staff is starting to come around to the point where my load is getting a little lighter. This week I met with Deacon Jeff and we started to put a framework together of what will be our Baptismal catechism program for the parish.  We met for an hour, and we both had some insights to share. He showed me a copy of the YouCat (catechism for youth) and he shared that it is great for young adults. I chimed in with insights taken from the Rite of Baptism. I especially loved the point that "Baptism isn't a just a personal affair for the family, it is for the entire faith community to share". 

It actually was funny seeing the two of us working together. I'm old enough to be his father, and we both approached this project on two different plains. He is taking his notes on an Ipad and I'm doing it the old fashioned way, pen and paper. It was a mixture that is working for the two of us and I feel we are well on our way. 

Just before wrapping up I shared with him that I would love to add a new dimension to our parish. Our pastor Fr. Marc stated to me at his last meeting that he wants to add something new to the parish. I showed him the Rite of blessing of the unborn. Not to be outdone by my junior partner, I had my Kindle fire along with me to show him the Rite. 

Tonight I'm off to a local MMA bout in my town! I'm not really a fan of this, but my son wants to go and I want to share something with him. Regardless of what happens, the fact that we are together can only produce something special. 

Today and every day I ask the Lord to open my eyes so that I may see clearly all the gifts and blessings I have received and most of all see His presence in everyone I meet!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis!

Mitch

 PS! Oh, and you probably thought how did this posting tie in with what happened. This week a dear friend happened to be in the area hiking and stopped by to see me. Unfortunately I had already left for the day. Doug, sorry I missed you, but I'll always remember you!

No comments:

Post a Comment