Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A moment of faith!

Last night I was given a tremendous vote of confidence, and the faith that was bestowed upon me by our two wonderful priests is very heartwarming. These two men have worked very hard to put together a busy schedule to enlighten all the members of our parishes. With such a schedule it's not surprising that there is going to be some overlap in events and when one of them is away it can pose a challenge. 

One aspect of my assignment to the parish is that I would lead at least one evening, an episode of the Catholicism series that is being presented to the adults of our parish. A few weeks ago our priest's realized that they had a dilemma, two events (Catholicism & Boot camp for our Confirmation candidates) and one priest gone on retreat. I was asked and I accepted with great anticipation the invitation to lead on Tuesday evening the 22nd. Last week I watched and learned how they managed the evening, and with a quick lesson in technology it was soon to be my turn. 

Was I nervous, yeah a bit, but I was really looking forward to this. Sort of like riding your bike without training wheels for the first time. It was a little bumpy, yet it certainly was a joy and a thrill. Yes I struggled a little with the procedure, yes also with the equipment, but the thrill to have these people, my family in Christ, share their thoughts and their own understanding was awesome! I could feel Christ's presence within our midst and it was evident as I looked into their eyes.

I know that this will be another one of the first of many opportunities to come, yet this one was very, very special for me.

Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment