Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Monday, October 14, 2013

"Getting pulled in many directions!"

I had so many plans for the week, and then the Lord had his own plans. My wife and I are in formation for the MRA ( Mother Rivier Association ) her in Berlin. I have been blessed to have had many wonderful sisters that have taught me so much more than my education studies. I got out early to prepare and was checking out a few things on the computer and then the power went out. I soon got a call from the store and because it was so late I decided to close the store early. I got home and checked if Terry was ready and we walked to the convent, which was only a block away. Soon we were in front of St. Joseph's church and the lights went on. Sister noted, "you brought the power with you!"  It was a great night to study about Mother Rivier and share time with other faithful. 

Tuesday was a very, very, busy day. I had a district meeting in White River Junction Vt. and that was scheduled to go on until 4pm. It was a good meeting, but it was very similar to the many I have attended over the years. I asked my district manager if I could get out at 3:45 because I had an event that night. He was right on as we had everything wrapped up by 3:45. It didn't take me long to get on the road and head straight to the church to assist at the Healing Mass. Mike and I volunteered to help out at the event that was very well attended. 

Wednesday I got the call from Terry that her uncle was in the hospital and not doing very well. Unfortunately she had to work and asked if I would go. Soon thereafter Fr. Kyle called and asked if I could do the prayers at a wake service on Thursday night. Having never done one I asked for the book and a crash course. 

That evening went very well and there was just something very spiritual going on. My cousin asked what was the book I was holding and then I asked if she knew that I was studying to be a Deacon and I wanted to pray over her father. She did know and consented that we would pray together. I could really feel the presence of Christ in our midst and time seem to move on slowly. She opened up and my Uncle seemed to be very much at peace. She then asked if I could come back the next night and then said........
"could you please bring your book!" The words comforted her in this difficult time and she seemed  to be at peace too. 

Thursday was a long day working a 12 hour shift and then heading straight up to the hospital to be with family. We talked for quite a while and then we gathered holding hands and prayed over my Uncle. Once again the presence of the Lord was definitely in our midst and the peace of Christ brought comfort and love to all of us. I excused myself to leave to be with another family who had lost their loved one. Again, this was a crash course and it too was a Spirit filled time. I thought it went very well and one of our parishioners stated that he was so glad that I was there with them. 

Friday Terry and I left to go camping for our second and final time this year. We were blessed to be with family, friends, and our guest of honor Myanna, our granddaughter.  I get recharged so much from these moments. 

Last night we attended Mass and I got to serve for the first time with Fr. Kyle. Again it was a very Spirit filled time. I'm starting to feel comfortable with this being only the second time. It was great hearing and feeling the support of the parishioners. At the end of Mass Fr. showed me how they close up the church and then I spent the rest of the evening with Mom, Dad, and Terry. 

Yes, it was a busy week, and yes it was very Spirit filled!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,


No comments:

Post a Comment