Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Searching for God!

I am well aware that the title of this posting can apply to literally everyone in this world, whether they admit to it or not. I have also been told that a Deacon's role is unique, they have the ability to reach people, and they are usually more accessible to those who seek the Lord.

A few days ago one of my customers came into the store and shared with me how he saw me in a place he didn't think he would find me. "I saw you in a long white gown..." he said, and then I knew what he meant. I jokingly told him, "Oh, you saw me in my prom dress!" Initially I was shocked that he was even there. I guess that was two of us who were a little shocked. He shared a little bit of what is going on in his life and that a friend of his suggested that he seek out the Lord. We talked briefly, and I reminded him that it wasn't really him seeking God, but that it was God calling him into a relationship, to be in community. He shared how he visited different houses of worship, the pros and the cons, including Good Shepherd Parish. 

On the positive side he did mention that he really liked Fr. Kyle our pastor, and I told him the same would go for Fr. Andrew our associate. I felt that at that moment it was better to listen, to share only a little and allow the Holy Spirit to come deeper into his heart.  He still has reservations, he is unsure of where to go, but the best part is that God is calling him and speaking to him through his children such as me. 

I wished him well and shared that we are all on a journey, seeking out the Truth!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch
 

No comments:

Post a Comment