Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, March 29, 2014

From Sunday on part deux...

There is so much to share with all of you what has been going on in the past week. I would like to begin with where it all starts, and that is being in community and celebrating the Lord at Mass. I continue to serve as often as I can as an Acolyte and enjoying each moment. Fr. Andrew was the celebrant and I particularly loved and remembered his homily about how community was important to the new Cardinal Gerald Lacroix. He talked about his buddies who walked to school with him, teachers, his Mom and Dad who nurtured his faith, and the parish community. Hmmmmmmmmm, it reminded me so much of how I grew up here in Berlin. The neighborhood was very important to him and to me also. 

Monday was a busy day checking out the details for the invitations and also preparing for class that evening. This course is living up to it's billing, and as far as a few of us are concerned the teacher is hands down the best. She gets it! She is well prepared, and she has a wonderful way of getting all of us involved. That night the guys shared at break time that they had received their letter calling us to orders. Well, my mail usually doesn't show up until later in the day so I had to wait until I got back home. That night I checked and sure enough there it was. Finally, it's official! A few days before we received an email stating so, but it's nice to get the letter. 

Tuesday was to be my day of rest! I got out early and then..........bowling! My team is in second and we are battling to maybe finally get that top spot. We struggled in our first game and ended up splitting the wins. We are still in second, but the best part is it's a great night out to just hang out and have fun. 

Wednesday offered putting the finishing touches on the invitations and back to school at night. Once again we had a wonderful class!

The next two days were two long work days. Thursday was a little slow, but Friday was a big day in sales and there was so much to do the day moved along very quickly. Last night my son and his dog came for a visit. It was the best part of the day. We talked, we argued about hockey (Bruins vs. Canadiens),just like the old days. It was great. 

Today is homework day! It should have been yesterday but our teacher had given us an extension. It is the LAST PAPER!!! ALLLELUIA! Yes, I am anxious to finish. 


I hope you all had a great week and we will see you in Church!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch
 

No comments:

Post a Comment