Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, September 10, 2011

A beautiful day and what to do???












"A double dose of Spending a day with my best friend!"





We are all getting closer to returning back to school next week. My son asked me today if I was excited, and without hesitation the answer is yes. I was really glad for the break, but it's time to get going again. So, it's Saturday and with a beautiful day on tap, we planned a full day of activities. We hiked up Mount Jasper again today, and with no humidity and very few clouds we were treated to spectacular views with a little effort.

Our next plan was to go kayaking. This was my first trip out this year and again we weren't disappointed at all. The lake was a little choppy, there was a nice cool breeze, and one of our highlights was spotting numerous turtles sunning themselves on the rocks and logs. I live in such a beautiful area with so much to do around us in just a short distance from home. While kayaking I spotted an area that looked really good for a hike, and my buddy said that the area was Roger's ledge. Looks great to me, you want to do this on our next trip? You bet!

Well how can you possibly top this day???? You guessed it, a campfire!





Today is truly a day to give blessings for the gifts of a beautiful day spent with my best friend!


Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis!

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment