Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Monday, September 5, 2011

"You made my day!"

Yesterday was your typical Sunday for me. I got up early to pray in the Adoration Chapel and it was my Sunday to be Lector at the 9 am Mass. I should have practiced just a little more as I inverted some words while practicing and did the same during Mass. I got to listen to Fr. Kyle's sermon and I really enjoy the way he preaches. No notes, away from the ambo, and full of confidence. I already mentioned to my family and friends that if I am blessed enough to be ordained, not to expect me to be that good.

After Mass, I went to pick up parents to go to the 11 am Mass in Gorham. Fr. Mark was the celebrant in Gorham and I really enjoyed that Mass also. He as well speaks without notes, away from the ambo, and again with great confidence. The messages were different at each Mass, but very well delivered.  My folks and I went out for dinner and then I took them back home.

My best friend asked if I would join him visiting a friend of ours who was feeling a little down from surgery he had just received. He is a very active man and is dealing with being inactive until he fully heals. We stopped over and sat outside in his backyard and enjoyed a few beers, some chips, and time spent together.  We weren't there for very long and it soon became dark. It was really nice spending  time with him and when we left he said....
"You made my day!"


I was a little shocked by the statement, but mostly I felt really good to put such a smile on his face. All I could think of afterwards was this...."Lord when did we visit you??" and
"Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me!" Then I thought of the message Fr. Mark said.."Sometimes our faith isn't so complicated." Needless to say when I reviewed my day, this was at the top of the list!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis!

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment