Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Friday, September 30, 2011

Plymouth are you there????

We're three quarters of the way done our first course of the year and some very familiar words seem to ring out in our ears...."Plymouth are you there???" The northern contingent has been receiving the information via distance learning. When I was a member of the Berlin Board of Education I was a very strong voice to try to make this happen for our children here in Berlin. With dwindling funds it would offer us a chance to share a teacher and offer more to the people of the great white north (no snow yet or distance learning!)

I have to say when the process is on, and everything is running right we have enjoyed this experience. I'm old school and I still would rather have our own teacher, but there is something to be said that all of us are sharing the same material and learning as one. Unfortunately when the system is off, let us say that a great deal of frustration sets in. We are almost anticipating the worse at times when the audio portion of the presentation sounds like R2D2 from Star Wars. So while the bugs are being worked on, we have been trying to focus on growing as a group. When the system is down and during breaks we have been discussing points that were brought up in class and Mike and I continue the process on the ride home at night.

On behalf of all of us in Plymouth, we ask for your prayers that we get strong connections and continuous uninterrupted feeds so that we can all feel fully engaged in this process.

Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis!

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment