Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, August 25, 2012

bad and good alike!

"Then the king said to his servants, 'The feast is ready,
but those who were invited were not worthy to come.
Go out, therefore, into the main roads
and invite to the feast whomever you find.'
The servants went out into the streets
and gathered all they found, bad and good alike,
and the hall was filled with guests." Mt. 22:1-14


Here we go again, getting all worked up over something that I have heard or read at least a hundred times over. Ironically, that morning Mike my prayer partner, and I had discussed garments, or clothing while attending Mass, and that is also part of this Gospel. I was highly moved by the phrasing of bad and good alike, and discovered the reference was to sinners and gentiles, which in my case I fall into both categories.

I read the Gospel after Mike and I finished our Morning Prayers and discussion and I was so moved that I had to call him to alert him. I then read the reflection from the Word Among Us and the epiphanies continued, which is also what I shared with Mike. 

I then reflected upon what the prophet Jeremiah said ............ "When I discovered your words I devoured them!"

I'm inviting you to take a few minutes out of your busy schedules and sink your teeth into this passage.
 
So what did you discover this week? 

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

MItch 

No comments:

Post a Comment