Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Friday, August 10, 2012

During the fourth watch of the night,

How long does it take you to realize that you really need help, and that even though the answer is right in front of you, you still have trouble letting go. For those of us who believe that they are in control, myself included, we are often reminded that we really aren't. 

This passage in Scripture is one most people may feel that they know very well (Mt 14:22-26). This week I received a revelation of something new. I can't even count how many times that I have heard or read this passage, but for the first time I read about "the fourth watch of the night!"

So what is this? Well, I found that the Romans divided periods of time into watches, and the fourth one occurred between 3 am and 6 am. 

Again, so what? Well, in my life I can relate waiting almost until the breaking point for me to finally reach out to the Lord's hand. A hand that had been waiting for me for so long to finally grab onto. The Apostles were in trouble for a little over seven hours, as they were trying to resolve the mess they got themselves into, and yet  they still lacked the faith to Trust in the Lord.

Hum, sounds awfully familiar to me! 

Well now that I have read this passage and understand it better, I won't make the same mistake twice ............ right? Wrong! 

I'm going to try to trust a lot more, and hopefully not wait until the fourth watch of the night to grab onto the hand that should be leading me!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment