Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, September 23, 2012

...be servants of peace!

“Stay as you are…be servants of peace…work at home as you have worked abroad, humbly, persistently, intelligently.  Weep with those who are sorrowful, rejoice with those who are joyful. Teach those who are ignorant. Care for those who are sick. Serve your wives…serve your families…serve your neighbors…serve your cities…serve the poor. Join others who serve.
Serve, serve, serve! That’s the challenge.
For in the end it will be the servants who save us all.”

I found this quote on another blog and really felt that I needed to share this with all of you. R. Sargent Shriver ran for President when was 15 and being the times and my character I worked for his campaign. Unfortunately he didn't receive the nomination to his party, but his message means so much more to me today. Serve, serve, serve, the true message for all of us, but especially for those of us who are studying to be Deacons. This truly is appropriate with today's Gospel.

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment