Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Bringing back memories!

This week I shared with Terry my favorite birthday of all time. I was about 15 or 16 years old and I was at an Order of the Arrow weekend at Hidden Valley. It was the first time in my life that I was away from home on my birthday. I loved attending these events and there was no way I was going to miss it. On Saturday the leaders produced a newsletter for us and I happened to notice that there was a little message..............
"today is someones birthday!" I thought to myself, "who told them?" 

That evening at supper we gathered and laughed. Soon a birthday cake came out full of candles and they all began to sing "Happy Birthday" to me. I will never, ever forget that day. I have always loved birthdays, with cake and ice cream. 

This year I had a double dose of joy. On Tuesday evening after supper Terry, and my Son had a cake with candles and sang "Happy Birthday" to me. On Wednesday evening Steve and Linda had a carrot cake for me, and Mike and Elise sent over brownies. I guess the group from St. A's saw it and I lifted up the brownies for them to see. They heard it was my birthday and they all sang "Happy Birthday" to me. 

I can't thank you all enough for making this year a birthday that I will always remember. This is an awesome community of families that loves each other as much as we love God. I am truly blessed to be one of your brothers on this journey. 

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment