Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Friday, February 15, 2013

My name is Simon!

Tonight I attended the Stations of the Cross at Church,and it was such a moving experience. In the last few years I participated on Good Friday but I don't think I've started this early since I was in grade school, way back at Guardian Angel. 

It's a new year, a new pastor, and a very aggressive schedule for Lent. There was something special in the air, an indescribable feeling. Our format is "Everyone's Station of the Cross"

At the fifth station where Christ falls and Simon is ushered into helping our Lord carry the cross, we hear Christ talking as to when we are courteous on the road, letting someone go first in line at the store, being patient with others, ......then "my name is Simon!" I've heard this before but I guess I only glossed over it! I actually had trouble reciting my part as I was so moved by this! My attention level was raised up higher than ever before and each and every subsequent station lifted me up! 

With a new wrinkle, our Church through the help of the youth group put on a soup and bread event for after the Stations. I definitely had to go! As I walked in there was an incredible Spirit there, and I saw a young gentlemen whom I've recognized but had never spoken to. He was sitting alone eating his soup and Christ called me to sit with him. I was asked by friends to join them, but I felt compelled to join him. I asked if I could join him and he accepted. His name is Jake and he is from another part of the country and has been here for a few years. We both shared a little from our lives and the conversation went great! He then chose to leave and I said goodbye and then joined those who had asked me before. It was a really great experience from start to finish. I got so much more than I bargained for and I actually didn't want to leave.

Afterwards when I was leaving I was thinking..........."my name is Simon!"

Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment