Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Healing a broken world!

I'm so sorry that I never finished my reflection on that very busy Monday, where Mike and I met with our pastor and then we were to gather to offer up a Mass for Healing.  We were a little late for the moments to prepare, yet there was a different feeling in the air. I've known Fr. Marc for only a short time, and this evening I saw, I felt, I recognized a very different side of him. He seemed to be at peace, eager to begin something he was very comfortable with. We gathered as teams in the Sacristy and then we held hands in prayer calling for the Holy Spirit to be in our midst. 

The Mass was a beautiful celebration, and as I looked around I saw more people than I thought would be there. There were actually a great number of people that I know, but don't see very often celebrating with us. I thought to myself, this is what it's all about. We are called to be community, to pray together, to carry each other, to come before the Lord seeking his help. 

During the anointing of many, all I could think of is that there are many broken people out  there and that they are desperately seeking the "healing" the "love" that only Jesus Christ can give to us. There were so many people there that I was pressed into praying with a very dear friend of mine. We've known each other since our very first day of school and she reached out for my hands in prayer. Initially I was scared, and then I thought about St. Paul's words about love. Love that is so pure, so tender, so forgiving, that comforts us all. I prayed through the intercession of St. Paul to allow the Love of Christ to come into her heart and for those she was praying for. Christ's words were on my lips and I realized soon thereafter that I needn't worry about way to say!

Amazingly we were there for over three hours! Fr. Marc and Fr. Kyle were both very busy. Fr. Marc kept praising and encouraging each one who waited patiently to receive the blessing with Holy Oil! 

It was an evening that felt like time stood still. 

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment