Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A new beginning!

For many reasons the title of the this posting is very timely and appropriate. This being Ash Wednesday we are all preparing for a new beginning. Today I met with my new pastor for the first time and I shared my experiences with him and also my hopes and dreams for the future. 

I really like his style, his vision, but most of all the wisdom he has for such a young man. I put everything on the table with him and then told him it's time to move forward and to begin anew. 

Last week I participated in a couple of experiences with the Confirmation candidates and he gave me some great feedback on how I did. I was very happy to hear the honest responses and the helpful suggestions for future opportunities. 

The final evening I received a wonderful opportunity to share some of the wisdom that I have gained from my journey as a seminarian and a Deacon candidate. We have a young man who shared publicly that he was discerning a vocation to the priesthood. I listened and then shared just a few words with him. I told him to never lose who he is, and to try to avoid being molded into someone he isn't. I also shared that God called him because of who he is, and if, and only if the priesthood is your vocation, then most of all be true to yourself. 

Here's to new beginnings, and here's to loving and being the best we can be!

Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment