Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Monday, October 4, 2010

Take a walk today!


A few blogs ago I talked about a word that was popping up in my life quite often and that was Trust. I also mentioned another word that caught my attention and that was walking. I love to walk as often as I can. I have two dogs who are always begging to go out for a walk and meet their other dog friends. In our orientation the topic of walking came up for many reasons. It was brought out that it was a great way to get people you walk with to talk, and share. The Newman center at PSU offers walks and hikes for our Catholic college students.  Walking is good for the heart, the mind, and our soul. We can connect with others and also with God. While walking in the past year I have gained so much in my life, I was given a message to trust, I have met new friends, lost weight, and got my wife to walk with me. So put your sneakers or hiking boots on a get out there and maybe you might make a real connection with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment