Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Walking the tightrope together.

I'm just getting into my second class, Old Testament, and the schedule of everything going on in my life makes it feel that I'm on a tightrope. I think most of you understand where I'm coming from. We are all being pulled in many directions, family time, work time, school time, homework time, and volunteer time. Time is becoming extremely precious to me. Probably for the first time in my life I have had to use a calendar to keep track of what is going on. It's getting close to the point of having to make an appointment with my wife to spend time with her. Yesterday I spent the day with family in Manchester watching my niece and nephew run at the X-country championship. What little time the event actually was, became precious moments spent with them. On the way home I was planning to do some reading for my second class. I'm starting to get this class a little bit and beginning to enjoy it. Then it hit me, a phrase in the Bible reader. I had to stop and talk with my wife about it. I won't share this with you today, because it provides me a very tough question I will be asking Deacon Greg my teacher. The discussion time I had with Terry was great. I really think the moment was God's way of slowing me down a bit, reflecting, jumping off the tightrope for just a moment. We all have a challenging road ahead of us, for a day yesterday I did a better job balancing my life.

My Blessings to all of you my Brothers and Sisters, I pray for all of you every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment