Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, October 10, 2010

A time for School, a time for fun,....a time to Give Thanks!

Well today's readings centered around giving thanks to the Lord. Fr. Mark Dollard was today's Celebrant and as usual his homily was right on! The Gospel centered around the 10 lepers who asked to be healed, and only one returned to Thank the Lord for his blessing. Our Lord said, "Your faith has saved you!" Fr. reminded us of all we have in life and when times are good we like many people believe its all because of us. We made the right decisions! So today I'm reminded to give Thanks to Our Lord for many things in my life. First for my faith, second for my family and friends. Next for my calling to be an Aspirant and God willing to serve as a Deacon. I have been forever changed by all that is happening in my life and I thank God for that. Today I am enjoying the sunshine, the beautiful foliage ( by the way this is a fall photo of St. Anne's Church in Berlin along the Androscoggin River, gorgeous isn't it?) spending time with my family, and my dogs. I don't want to forget one more thing......and that is the prayers and support for my calling. I'm sure all the other Aspirants will agree the outpouring and encouragement is truly special.

We Give Thanks to the Lord, for He is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment