Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Friday, November 11, 2011

It's not about me!

I think that the moments I value the most from our trips to Plymouth is actually the conversations that Mike and I are sharing. The trip takes us about an hour and twenty minutes to get there and back, and we never lack of something to share.

Last night, Mike and I were reflecting on our faith journey and something very enlightening occurred. We were sharing together how we have grown in our faith and more importantly have grown as men, fathers, husbands, etc. Mike stated that through some challenging times that he has realized that in this journey "it's not about me!" I really liked that phrase, and we both agree that it is really a way of life now.

We both realized how much this experience has transformed us into less self centered men and more in tune with what is going on around us. I'm not trying to paint us as a radical change from high egos into sainthood, but rather a slow and deliberate morphing into men we believe our wives value even more.

So ironically this reflection is being posted on Veterans Day, and fittingly our Veterans epitomized through their self sacrifice "it's not about me!"


Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment