Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Choices & It's not about money!

At our last formation weekend we had a Deacon speak to us about the three legged table which was our lives. He reflected upon Family, Work, and Ministry. Obviously, he stated that if at any time one was out of sync the "table" our lives would also be out of balance. With classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays I came across a dilemma for this past Tuesday. Every year in our stores we have to perform a physical inventory, and quite honestly I've been doing them for over 25 years and I still dislike doing inventory. It is one of those necessary evils in my life that I take very seriously.

Up to this point I haven't missed any events on this journey to possible ordination. Well this week marked the first event I missed. I couldn't in good conscience delegate this important task upon my employees. Could they have done a good job? I know they could have done it alone, except for the fact that I am the manager and this is my responsibility. So inventory was done, and last night Mike and I gathered together to view the class on his  laptop, and because of the delay we were able to do Evening prayers together. I'm having a hard time enjoying this distance learning, but honestly I think I'm going to have a tougher time with the up coming on line course.

Now to the issue of.... it's not about money. On Friday night the local response group is having a fundraiser by having a regional comedian do a show. Terry has called many friends to join us for the evening. The cost is $20 per ticket, which is a little steep for some in this economy up here. She has done a great job, so much so that my best friend is talking other people into going with us. He called them and their answer was, " what do we get for the $20?" His response was, " #1 it's a fund raising event, but most of all it's not about the money, it's about being together!" That comment really hit me hard. I relate it to the travel to Plymouth, it's not fun, it is draining, but honestly it really is about being together.

So tonight Mike and I will share a ride and gather personally with our family in Plymouth, and through the technology we will be with our complete family in Manchester.

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment